• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

My weekend has been pretty casual, nothing much of a plan for Sunday either. Maybe except for the splatfest

roughly half way through my work week.

working sun-wed, going to my girl's house after work on the wednesday, cuddle forever. going to TGI Fridays on Thursday, then go for a walk. Really can't wait

I've just relaxed mostly this weekend, and played some video games while listening to Taylor Swift. Tomorrow I plan on going to a local theme park for a couple of hours, and then just relax for the rest of the day since I work early on Monday morning.

I finished up a few days of part-time work today! Thankfully it's all over now... Every so often the state fair rolls around my area so I always go around to help out, it's not my favorite but it's fine enough. Because I haven't gotten any meaningful degree quite yet (my associate's comes in June!), my employment opportunities are quite limited, especially as I'm still going to be in uni for the next two years. It wears me out, but pays pretty well for food service, and that's really all I need I guess?

I also decided to bake a key lime pie! I just took it out of the oven, it'll chill overnight to be taken out tomorrow, I hope it'll be good! I eat like a bird (i/e: not much) so I always end up freezing the leftovers for when I cook things. It's good meal prep for when I do feel like eating, though, so I don't mind all that much?

...I just realized I forgot to turn the oven off, that usually doesn't happen. Better do that right now :confused:

I'm going to an art exhibit since my aunt asked me if I wanted to go. It'll be a nice change of pace since I've been staying cooped up in my room lately. Also getting more fanfic writing done for the contest over in Shippers' Paradise, hehe.
I hope you have lots and lots of fun, neechan! You deserve something interesting to do,,, Take pictures if anything interests you, okay?? ♡

I need to work on my fic for the contest too, I've been a bit stumped by my plot ehehe... I'll get something out I know it!!

Hey all,

Well, I'm mostly done with the major project that has gotten me stuck to where I had to reduce my time here but it's easing up. As for this weekend, I finally got to catch up on some much needed shopping at H-mart and Costco and boy and it was nice and warm, something I haven't seen in awhile.

For Sunday, I'll probably be at my favorite boba shop catching up on homework because of the aforementioned work project that's been a major time sink and strength.

Can't say that the project I was on went too well but it is coming to an end.

The cool part of getting a tax refund is 'Wow I can spend it on some crap' and then you realize you don't really have a lot you want to spend it on?

Like this one toy store I frequent has a Transformers set I really want for a good price ($150, which I know sounds like a lot but it's a complete-in-box Korean release of Starscream and BB from the Japanese Beast Wars II toyline from 1998 that, outside of the packaging being in Korean, is completely identical to the Japanese release of the figure and checking eBay right now, someone is selling a CIB Japanese release for $186, a different CIB Korean release for $180, a MISB Korean release for $250, and a loose incomplete set for $126, so this is actually a great price lol)

Anyways that's $150 but our refund is like $2200 this year so uhh.

Yeah wow I don't have a lot I want to spend it on.

IDK why I'm posting this here instead of in my blog thread, I guess maybe cuz it's more conversational than anything else lol

It's 4:30 am and I'm legitimately going insane right now btw.

people will look at pictures of old computers and be like: ah yes, the sharp x1c. released in october 1983 as a cheaper and compact version of the sharp x1 that was released in november 1982. it integrates the main unit and keyboard together and includes 48 KB of graphics RAM as standard

it's me, i'm people

yo everyone!

so without going into too much detail, i took a 3-week break from my job and i was supposed to return yesterday, but my access for some of the systems i use for my job has not yet been restored so i'm just sitting here chilling until they tell me that it is!

unfortunate part is that i don't get paid, fortunate part is more free time.

Anyone else feel that teenagers put too much information about themselves online?

And not even just like...actually personally identifiable information but I'll sometimes see Tumblr users who are in their teens and they have a massively detailed list of their triggers and their DNI and you are just giving ammo to dipshits by doing that.

Say if you've got 'knife wounds' listed as one of your triggers, what do you think some dipshit troll who wants to harass you is going to start doing? They're gonna start spamming you with pictures of knife wounds because they know that you are bothered by such imagery because you said you are.

unfortunate part is that i don't get paid, fortunate part is more free time.
Rooting for you, Angie! I hope this is fate's way of giving you more time to keep hunting for a job that's kinder to you. You of all people deserve it.

Anyone else feel that teenagers put too much information about themselves online?
Yes, lol.

And not even just like...actually personally identifiable information but I'll sometimes see Tumblr users who are in their teens and they have a massively detailed list of their triggers and their DNI and you are just giving ammo to dipshits by doing that.

Say if you've got 'knife wounds' listed as one of your triggers, what do you think some dipshit troll who wants to harass you is going to start doing? They're gonna start spamming you with pictures of knife wounds because they know that you are bothered by such imagery because you said you are.
Your thoughts are the same as mine. I was even a teenager who fell into this pit for a couple years when I was 16, I had a Carrd that listed all of my MIs and what not like you have described. I took it down when I turned 18 because I realized I do not like having that info out there and the only reason I even did it in the first place was because other kids my age had one and I wanted to bandwagon.

Honestly I know why kids do it, I know it's because to them it's helping people understand how they function and how to best communicate with them but in all honesty it's just not worth the risk, that's information that should remain private unless you choose to share it in closed spaces. I think also teenagers are far more paranoid of 'accountability' based situations, and they feel that kind of stuff is their own safeguard against it rather than something that can for sure (and has been) weaponized against them. But yeah, big agree on your points here, and not just because I'm a very private person.

Rooting for you, Angie! I hope this is fate's way of giving you more time to keep hunting for a job that's kinder to you. You of all people deserve it.

Yes, lol.

Your thoughts are the same as mine. I was even a teenager who fell into this pit for a couple years when I was 16, I had a Carrd that listed all of my MIs and what not like you have described. I took it down when I turned 18 because I realized I do not like having that info out there and the only reason I even did it in the first place was because other kids my age had one and I wanted to bandwagon.

Honestly I know why kids do it, I know it's because to them it's helping people understand how they function and how to best communicate with them but in all honesty it's just not worth the risk, that's information that should remain private unless you choose to share it in closed spaces. I think also teenagers are far more paranoid of 'accountability' based situations, and they feel that kind of stuff is their own safeguard against it rather than something that can for sure (and has been) weaponized against them. But yeah, big agree on your points here, and not just because I'm a very private person.
And then when you ask/tell the troll to stop harassing you, some will continue doing so because they know it bothers you.

It is actually kind of wild how the notion of 'internet privacy' and stuff has basically gone 180 from when I was a kid.

Like I am turning 28 years old at the end of next month and I have basically had unrestricted access to a computer and the internet since I was 5 and the whole thing that was just ingrained into my head from day 1 of using the internet was: do NOT post anything personal like your real name, where you live, a photo of yourself, etc.. to anyone online because you do not know who they actually are in real life. Your 'friend' you meet online who seems to be the same age as you are could actually be some creep who'd want to hurt you.

And I know it's not every single teenager who is like this (and there were obviously tons of people when I was a teen who were doing this stuff) but seeing how it's so common for teens nowadays to just be posting their damn real names and shit online is like....don't frickin do that. Maybe I'm hypocritical a bit because like 'Viola' is my actual first name (well not legally cuz of the trans thing but it is my chosen name) and I'm open about living in South Florida but also I am doing this as a grown-ass adult and I'm not going around telling people that my name is Viola Smith and I live at 69 Fart Street Buttville, Florida 420666 and making it super easy for people to find me.

The only personal information you'd know about me is that my chosen given name is Viola (and if you know where to look, my chosen middle and surnames as well - NO my surname is not 'Smith') and that I live in South Florida. And South Florida has a population of 6.18 million people, that's more people than 31 of the damn 50 states. Think the chances of someone online finding where I live (unless they are absolutely dedicated to it) is like...slim to none.

Think the chances of someone online finding where I live (unless they are absolutely dedicated to it) is like...slim to none.
I always think it would be cool to randomly meet someone who also uses the bulba, like see them on their phone using the site. Then I realize holy crap there are not that many people using this site and they are all very spread out. So that’s not going to happen… ever

Meeting people who use the site would be cool, but fandom topics don't usually come up when I talk to others so I'll often never really know. I do love seeing people out and about with shirts with Pokémon or other series I like though. Maybe one day I'll talk to one of them. uwu

I always think it would be cool to randomly meet someone who also uses the bulba, like see them on their phone using the site. Then I realize holy crap there are not that many people using this site and they are all very spread out. So that’s not going to happen… ever
I have a friend on Discord who occasionally posts here and we both live in South Florida and it turns out we actually live a lot damn closer than we thought lol.

We've never met but I'm talking like...'non-zero chance we could run into each other at this specific park I sometimes go to that's near my house because we both go there sometimes cuz it's a Pokéstop' close.

hiya, everyone o/

it's almost the weekend soon, i think! it's gone by fast... got any big plans? did you do anything especially interesting this week?

i've just been plugging away at college work and cooking, mostly... made anpan (japanese red bean bun, almost like a donut?), which i was pretty proud of :) the weather has finally gotten hotter here, which i'm not a huge fan of ahaha... it is what it is though, i'm sure i'll adjust!

Back
Top Bottom