• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Unpopular Video Game Opinions

A Nintendo Kart should absolutely happen, not only will it make for even more ideas for tracks, but it will help introduce older characters to a new generation. Also to allow non-main characters from series other than Mario to be playable for once because Super Smash Bros sure as heck won't give them that chance.

A Nintendo Kart should absolutely happen, not only will it make for even more ideas for tracks, but it will help introduce older characters to a new generation. Also to allow non-main characters from series other than Mario to be playable for once because Super Smash Bros sure as heck won't give them that chance.

This is one of the reasons why I feel that Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled is superior to pretty much every other kart racer (especially Mario). While, yes, most the characters in the roster are from the Crash universe, many of them are from such obscure, distant corners of the Crash universe to the point most people might not know who they are. There are staples like Crash, Coco, Cortex, Dingodile, and so on, but there's also Rilla Roo, Yaya Panda, Koala Kong, Pasadena O'Possum, Megamix, Komodo Moe, Chick, Stew, and a handful of Spyro characters, and even a few original characters like King Chicken, showing it's not just Crash characters. And during the Grand Prix they'd add in a couple of characters at a time, new skins, new karts, a new track themed around a particular month/holiday/game. All of which, I might add, was free DLC for the games, and it went on for several months. You really only paid for the game on release since all the bonus DLC was free. Yeah, it could be a bit grind-heavy for the Wumpa Coins to buy the skins and such, and some classes weren't balanced great, but at least you get a good 8 months worth of DLC without paying an extra buck and more interesting characters that come from some of the most obscure corners of the Crash universe (or rather multiverse, as "It's About Time" confirms that all Crash games are cannon, just in different universes).

As a result, the only way Nintendo could even come close to that would to be create a Nintendo kart game that is basically Smash but in go-karts, since it's clear Mario is just fine recycling Mario Kart 8 for the umpteenth time. Well, as long as a Nintendo kart game doesn't go the Nickalodeon Kart game route, that is (the less said about that game the better). But basically Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled pretty much blasts all other kart racer games out of the water. And this is coming from a guy who generally dislikes racing games.

This is one of the reasons why I feel that Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled is superior to pretty much every other kart racer (especially Mario). While, yes, most the characters in the roster are from the Crash universe, many of them are from such obscure, distant corners of the Crash universe to the point most people might not know who they are. There are staples like Crash, Coco, Cortex, Dingodile, and so on, but there's also Rilla Roo, Yaya Panda, Koala Kong, Pasadena O'Possum, Megamix, Komodo Moe, Chick, Stew, and a handful of Spyro characters, and even a few original characters like King Chicken, showing it's not just Crash characters.
As much as I like Mario Kart I have to agree. The mario universe has an insane amount of characters so I don’t understand why they couldn’t add more of those, instead we got too many babies and clone characters (who should’ve been skins to begin with). They did add a lot more characters and different dressed characters in mario kart tour, but they should’ve added that to Mario Kart 8 DLC a long time ago.

Crash Nitro Fueled also has something Mario Kart always lacks and that’s a story mode. The closest thing we got to that was the missions from mario kart DS (which I think they should bring back). Nitro Fueled feels like a complete game compared to base Mario Kart 8 without the DLC.

Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl were terrible video games, just terrible, I already thought the original DP was the worst installment of the first four Generations of Pokémon games (the low FPS, getting stuck in the Marsh, etc.) and this did nothing to change my opinion: the laziest remakes in the Series to date, the super chibi-esque sprites in the overworld, etc.

Scarlet & Violet were actually pretty good installments when you add in the DLCs despite the Dexit controversy that hampered them.

A story mode means you have to succeed. If I'm going to play a racing game, I want to race wherever and whenever I want instead of dealing with the pressure of coming in first place every time.
The story mode can be optional. You can still play the races in Nitro Fueled without doing the story mode. In Mario Kart 8 you need to be in first place if you want to get the three stars. The stars have been in place since Mario Kart DS. In MKwii you had to win certain cups and CC in first place in order to obtain some characters. In Mario Kart DD you had to win the previous cups in order to open special cup, so even if you only want to race without caring about rankings, you still had to put some effort to unlock those tracks. So this “pressure” to be in first place is not new, regardless the point of a race is to win. You do you of course, anyone can play the games however they see fit.

Nitro Fueled has Baby Crash and Baby Coco which makes no continuity (or its it lore?) sense as they were mutated by Cortex, so baby versions of them would just be normal animals, who can't drive cars.
I’m not justifying those babies either, but at least is just two and not five of them. Besides with all the other character variety at least they aren’t taking up too much slots.

Last edited:
My problem isn't really continuity, I already accepted the fact that Mario Kart would not follow along any story or lore. My annoyance are repeat characters taking separate slots. For example, both Tanooki Mario and Metal Mario could've easily shared a slot with regular Mario, same with Cat Peach and Pink Gold Peach sharing a slot with regular Peach. And as proven by the final wave combining characters into the same slot, there can be differing stats in the same slot anyways, also the voices remain unaffected too.

Last edited:
Pokemon Snap and its remake are really uninteresting, bland, and forgettable is one for me: it's not a bad idea, necessarily, but I couldn't tell you much of note from them I recall vividly.

Pokemon Snap and its remake are really uninteresting, bland, and forgettable is one for me: it's not a bad idea, necessarily, but I couldn't tell you much of note from them I recall vividly.
The only thing I even like about it is the Pokemon cries (more specifically the eeveelution cries, they sound like actual animals, and Sylveon literally just meows, but that’s all that really stuck with me.

I prefer the Battle Network subseries to the other Mega Man games.
I did not want Sora, Cloud and Sephiroth in Smash Ultimate even if I'm not totally against the idea.

Last edited:
All console-exclusive games, even those developed by the hardware manufacturer like Nintendo or Sony, should also be made available on PC if for no reason other than 'to guarantee you will be able to play this game years down the line without needing to keep the original hardware around' (because even if the console manufacturer supports backwards compatibility, there's no guarantee they'll keep doing it in the future nor is there a guarantee they'll keep support for X console's games in future console Y, y'know?)

Big Man is the best member of Deep Cut and Shiver is the worst one.

This is more of an unpopular opinion about a piece of video game hardware and not about a video game itself, but I find the Switch perfectly comfortable to hold and use in handheld mode.

Always see people complaining about how unergonomic the system is as a handheld and asking for suggestions for Joy-Con alternatives or just grips if they want to keep using the original Joy-Cons that are supposed to make the Switch easier to hold and all that jazz. And yet, I play my Switch exclusively in handheld mode and I've never felt any need to get anything to 'make it more ergonomic' or whatever, I can play my Switch and have an hours-long gaming session on it just fine.

I don't like online multiplayer games. I think they're breeding grounds for toxic competitiveness. I never want anything more than friendly matches, but most others want to win at any cost. They play aggressively and cruelly. If I can never win, it's not fun. (Not that I'd want to win every time, either, because then I'd feel bad for the others lol.) Unfortunately, most PVP games are like this, so I avoid most PVP games like the plague they are.

tl;dr I'd take a computer player over a real player any day.

I don't understand why Nintendo fans still complain that Mother 3 hasn't been localized. It's never going to happen, just accept that fact.

More to the point, the English fan translation of the game was released in 2008. You've been able to play the game in English for over 15 years and I imagine the vast majority of people who want to play the game but don't understand Japanese have done so via the fan translation.

At this point, if you're somebody who refuses to play the fan translation just because you just need to play an official release and translation from Nintendo, that's on you at this point tbh.

- i really don't get the appeal of fnaf. at all. i'm sure i'm wrong but from what i've seen it's a sitting-and-waiting simulator with jumpscares. i have a pitifully short attention span so maybe that's a "me" issue but i'd much rather play a more active horror game if that makes sense

- as much as i love fighting games in general i...,, do not really care for mortal kombat much at all, it's not the gore or anything that sets me off but i just can't get behind the gameplay at all, to this day it feels waay too clunky and counterintuitive. i'm not super duper into the art direction/aesthetic either i guess??? just not my thing frankly, and i think the only fighting game series i actively dislike playing (the other one im, kind of neutral on is dead or alive and the gameplay is Okay, nothing to write home about, but it would be better if not for the? gratuitous fanservice i'm not allergic to it existing but it's. . . . . kind of superfluous there frankly lmao even by fighting game standards)

- also aside from its launch state and perhaps how unbalanced luke is the.. weirdly heightened amount of fanservice in sfv was its biggest issue. the gameplay was perfectly fine (once again, luke aside). (netcode had issues though) (also the fact that dhalsim is always somehow in the base roster can they take this guy out please) (personal gripe)

- uni > melty blood (but both r good)

- dragon quest blows final fantasy out of the water (which i say as a Big ff fan)

- acnh was the worst mainline animal crossing game by far at its launch state. it's one of the best now that it's undergone content updates, but i remember having an extremely difficult time picking it back up again after said updates because i was so crestfallen at how incredibly empty it felt at first (i preordered it and played it at midnight release day, so :stunfisk:). once again it's currently great but it didn't start out so.

- something something karlach > shadowheart something something

Back
Top Bottom