• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Skylor's "Music" making blog

Skylor_Starblight

"It's just a dream, right?"
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. They/Them
  3. It/Its
  4. Refer To Profile
So as nobody probably knows, I make covers and fansongs from time to time. It's mostly Undertale and Deltarune stuff but sometimes I do Sonic and I used to do Friday Night Funkin' covers but we don't talk about those

So I thought it would be fun to make a thread about songs I'm working on or have on the back-burner for another time.

I think I'll start this blog off with a song I have that is waiting for my motivation to work on it to rise back up.

This is probably my most prolific "unfinished" work among my 100+ consistent viewers. A song called "Omnilovania". For those who don't know, Omnilovania was a popular thing in the Undertale community a few years ago and is still kinda relevant today. People would put a bunch of variants of "Megalovania" from different Undertale AUs into a singular song. Why I say it's my most prolific is due to the fact I uploaded an early demo of the song over a year ago and it's been radio silence on the project since.
Here is the original demo. It's very short compared to the full song.

If you want to check out the full song (unedited so beware of any loudness issues. I'm notorious for those)

And a full list of the songs used is here:
Phase 1
Megalovania
Deltalovania
Tears In The Rain
Joking aside.
Not A Slacker Anymore
Mwegalomania
Theovania
Reanimation
Love-Struck
Striking the Demon Down
Androphonovania
Dislovaniac
Phakilovania
Skeletal Smash
Misfortune
Why?
Dissension
Megaloglamour
Devilovania
Zenith
Glamorous Strikedown
Neurovaniac
Megalolazing
Veni Vidi Vici
Teralazing
Smoking Savage
Dynami
Virtues Vengance
Determination (Undyne Megalo)
Tenacity
Strength Of Will
Megalo Grill Back
Triple the Threat

Intermission

Phase 2
Livenlovania
Confronting Yourself
Execution
Blue-Streak
Chiteki Ikari
Revolution
Thunderstruck
Bad Revolution
Game Over
Erassure
Showdown
Disgrace to the uniform
Endless Debt
Just Monika
Bald and Mad
Scamming 1-by-1
Planktolovania
Bibilus
Bold and Brash
Exitium
Sollicitus
Mondaymania
One For All
Jojo Megalo
Eclipse
Animus
Sound Of Silence
Ceatrus
Mokeylokrima

Intermission: Megalomaniac

Phase 3
Hard-Mode
Ainavol
Agem
Finale For The Bonely One
Time Paradox
M.E.G.A.L.O.V.A.N.I.A
Bullet Hell
Hrrghlovania
The Murderer
Killer Deal
Assured Prey
Insanity Megalovania
Pyrosomni
One Left
Helpless
Twilight
Silverlight
Broken Constellations
Penalty
Casulty
Division
Tokyovania
Shanghaivania
Nyctophobia
Megalo Strike Back
Earthbound Megalovania
Homestuck Megalovania
Smash Megalovania

My main reason for me not uploading this song to YouTube is the fact that the video takes a lot of editing and work. And I've not had the energy to do the work in FOREVER. So unfortunately, It's probably gonna stay unreleased on YouTube.

Most of these songs are explainable by just being AU Megalovanias. Smash Megalo being the finale was based on "Megalouniverse" by Siora/Aoris and the use of the Megalovania Piano cover (commonly knows from Glitchtale's Megalomaniac) was a specific request by one of my girlfriends (Luna/Queen Of Space)

Last edited:
Next are some songs all bogged down by one thing. Vocals.

BIG SHOT and Spamton's other songs all have vocals to them, so a key thing of Spamton fansongs and AU BIG SHOTs is the vocals. My problem? Vocals are hard.
"Why don't you just release the songs without the vocals?" Because the people who listen get annoyed at a lack of vocals lmao. Unfortunate, I know.

The first two are for a Deltarune AU I'm making (kinda) called Deltaroulette or something. I basically put a bunch of UT/DR characters into a wheel and it chose which character would go in each role. Kris (Main character of DR) ended up going into Spamton's role, so I had to think of a concept. Chapter 2's theme in this AU is videogames so Kris became Scrapris, a cut character in the game the Dark World is made in. For the vocals, I'm wanting to use Undertale's abc_123.ogg track. The "hello, have some respect and don't spoil the game" track which in an update was changed to just be a bunch of laughs.

I have made Scrapris' versions of "Spamton" and "Now's Your Chance To Be A" titled "Scrapris" and "Have Some Respect And Don't" respectively. These may end up being released if I can actually find a way to make the vocals sound good in the songs. For now though, the songs are unreleased. I used "Don't Forget" as the main motif of the song to replace Spamton's main melody, with the Orchestra/Impact hits being replaced with the unused/rare Undertale song "Dance of Dog". The BIG SHOT is planned to use the unused "Thrash Rating" Deltarune track to replace the "Power Of NEO" segment at the Freedom motif part of the song.
Here are the two songs:
Scrapris:

Have Some Respect And Don't:

And the other song bogged down by vocals is one I actually made yesterday (and kinda the day before).

A Jevil BIG SHOT. This isn't my first attempt at one, but it's definitely my first successful one. Yet again, vocals are an issue, but they're probably gonna be easier since I can look to other people's Jevil BIG SHOTs for inspiration. My main inspirations for this song were TheYoterMan's "NEVER ENDING CHAOS", Maz's "ILLEGAL INSTRUCTION" and TaeSkull's "BATTLE AGAINST THE WORLD (Scrapped Version)"

The main motifs used in this are all from "The World Revolving" obviously, since that's Jevil's theme. However, it also uses "The Legend" as the Freedom motif didn't fit well in how I made the song. It also uses "Spider Dance" and "Battle Against A True Hero" since TaeSkull has conditioned me to relating those songs to Jevil BIG SHOTs :3

Here is the song in all its vocal-less glory:

So I uhm..decided to make some covers for Spamton's songs, and before I add the lyrics, here's the one I'm most proud of. It's a remix of "NOW'S YOUR CHANCE TO BE A". I even included a bit of the Freedom motif section at some point :3

Back
Top Bottom