• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Salamence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Noctowl

Go! PikaBot!
Reaction score
Pokémon - 14
Uxie (LA) x1
Azelf (LA) x1
Dialga (PL) (Reverse Time) x2
Bagon (SW) x2
Bagon (SF) x2
Shelgon (SF) x2
Salamence (SF) x2
Salamence (AR) x1
Salamence LV.X (AR) x1

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums - 28
Broken Time-Space x4
Bebe's Search x4
Roseanne's Research x4
Expert Belt x2
Luxury Ball x1
Night Maintenance x3
Premier Ball x3
Rare Candy x4
Warp Point x3

Energy - 18
Fire energy x9
Water Energy x9

The strategy is to get Salamence LV.X out as quickly as possible to use Steam Blast for easy KOs. Expert Belt makes this a lot easier, since then Steam Blast does 120 for only one discard, and Salamence has a massive 180 HP. SF Salamence's Body helps by reducing the cost for Steam Blast in most cases, and AR Salamence's Power, in conjunction with Dialga's Reverse Time, helps get Energy onto Salamence faster.

Last edited:
This is one of the most solid lists I've seen in quite some time on this site! Here's some advice I have to help your deck become even stronger:

add in a 2-2 Claydol GE line. He provides consistent draw that almost EVERY stage 2 deck needs.

I'd leave the dialgia line at 1 because you only have 1 AoA salamence. Just drop it at the appropriate time when you have energy in the discard and the AoA salamence out. This isn't the most common scenario so I wouldn't run 2 Dialgia to risk starting with it.

You might also want an unown G or two in your deck to prevent against a variety of effects.

I'll go as far to also recommend a single chatot MD for a starter. He provides good early game draw and with free retreat is also a good starter

Another possibility is adding 2 spiritomb AoA and 2 unown Q. Spiritomb is a FANTASTIC starter and the unown Q is searchable to give him free retreat.

I would drop your broken time space line to 3 max or even down to two. Otherwise they become dead draws throughout the game

I would also drop 1 premier ball to leave your grand total at 2.

I'd also drop the night maintenance to 2, because it remains dead draw early game.

The biggest fault I can see here (and there aren't many) is the large energy line. When you have pokemon like claydol to help you consistently draw, you won't need nearly as many energy. Try to keep your energy count at a 13-14 Max. I'd also recommend fitting in 4 call energy, because it can really help your setup.

So I haven't been counting the spare cards you have after all the cards I took out, but it seems like you have a lot of room. Throw in a 3rd Shelgon--you might as well with all the bts you play. I'd also recommend a single memory berry, so that your salamence can use bagon's rage attack for a high amount of damage later game. With any extra space you still have I'd recommend a quartet of pokedrawer + or pokedex or some great ball--anything that helps you draw cards or pokemon out.

I really like the 3 warp point in this deck--it helps you switch them to a weak pokemon and take advantage of double fall. Good luck building, and I hope my fixes help you out!

I would drop the Broken Time-Space to two. I mean, you have 4 Rare Candies. BT-S isn't something you need four of. Drop the Premier Ball to two, you only have one Lv. X, and I would drop the two dialaga. No deck runs them, simpply because it slows the deck down too much and wastes bench space.

I would take out the Uxie and add in a 2-2 Claydol line. A Unown G would be helpful to stop Gengar from sniping, especially if you decide to add in Claydol. I think two would do you good. One problem I see is Gyarados. Gyara comes out, does a clean ninety, and you can't even one shot it, even with Expert Belt. If you do, then he just comes back and you have to deal with another monster.

Like JWittz said, adding in Claydol would make you have a good draw power, which would mean less energies. 3 AR Spiritomb would do you great.

I think dropping the Dialgas in favor of a Delcatty PT line would be beneficial. Let me know what you think after you have a look at Delcatty. Then maybe add Regice LA to get energies in the discard pile.

Regice also functions as a helpful counter to decks that rely on Spiritomb to control the opponent's setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom