• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Least favourite Pokemon of each generation

Chimecho is a Gen 3 Pokemon, though. Maybe you meant Chingling (Chimecho's baby form which was introduced in Gen 4)? Granted, Chimecho was inexplicably made a ridiculously rare encounter in its debut games, so I can't really blame you for mistaking it for a later-gen mon lol

Heh, I did mistake Chimecho for a Gen IV mon. (Not sure how that happened tbh.)

In that case, chance it to Phione. It's literally weaker Manaphy without anything else really going for it.

Gen 1: Zubat ( I hate this Pokemon so much)
Gen 2 Smoochum ( in my opinion is the worst baby pokemon)
Gen 3 Slacking ( it's pretty ugly)
Gen 4 Magmortor ( idk if I spelled it right but it's kinda of ugly no Offence to people who like Magmortor)
Gen 5 Woobat ( Zubat but slightly less annoying)
Gen 6 Aromatisse ( In my opinion this was wasted potential)
Gen 7 Bruxish ( Just a really ugly pokemon)
Gen 8 Mr Rime ( I never liked this pokemon much)
Gen 9 Klaf and Wuglett( Kingler and Diglett are better in my opinion)

Gen 1: Metapod
Gen 2: Aipom
Gen 3: Azurill
Gen 4: Kricketot
Gen 5: Tynamo
Gen 6: Scatterbug
Gen 7: Marshadow
Gen 8: Eternatus
Gen 9: Koraidon & Miraidon

Gen 1: Pinsir
Gen 2: Ariados
Gen 3: Huntail
Gen 4: Toxicroak
Gen 5: Garbodor
Gen 6: Barbaracle
Gen 7: A three way tie between Gumshoos, Bruxish and Alolan Muk.
Gen 8: Toxtricity
Gen 9: Gholdengo

Gen 1: Charizard
Gen 2: Lanturn
Gen 3: Manectric
Gen 4: Lucario
Gen 5: The Swords of Justice
Gen 6: Dedenne
Gen 7: Zeraora/Mudsdale
Gen 8: Boltund
Gen 9: Gholdengo

...wow, this list makes it look like I hate the Electric type, lol.

Gen 1: Hitmonchan

Gen 2: Sudowoodo. One of very few Johto mon I have any distaste for.

Gen 3: Manectric

Gen 4: Lucario. Out of all of the Pokémon I dislike, there are only three that I have a burning fucking hatred of, and Lucario is one of them. What an absolute waste of a cool concept. What's with the stupid pant fur? What's with the weird random spike on its chest? What the living hell does this thing have to do with the legend of Anubis? How the fuck did it become so popular?! This hideous anthropomorphic jackalesque dumpster fire of a design sickens me.

I don't get the appeal. I really just don't. It's one of the dumbest-looking fictional species I've ever seen.

Gen 5: Conkeldurr. It's humanoid in the worst ways a mon could be humanoid. Unlike Garbodor and Dustox, which are ugly-cute, it's just ugly. Ugly and very pointless. Did we really need a concrete clown monster... thing? No we didn't. Which is why this is one of the other three mon I have that burning hatred of.

Gen 6: Greninja I guess?

Gen 7: Buzzwole makes my skin crawl. I hate mosquitos. I hate mon that look like they're on a diet of raw steak and steroids. You can probably figure out why I don't like Buzzwole.

Gen 8: Urshifu. Goddamnit this thing is so ugly. And we don't even know what makes it a Legendary! Yeah, Calyrex is ugly, but at least it had a backstory! This thing... doesn't. It's a bear who does martial arts and also sears its incredibly unattractive appearance into the retinas of its unfortunate beholder forevermore, which happens to do more damage than the aforementioned martial arts. That's ALL it has. Hence, Urshifu is the final member of my Most Disliked trio.

Gen 9: Gholdengo. Worn answer, but maybe it would be more popular if it didn't look like a rejected string cheese mascot that resulted in its designer getting laughed out of the office building and fired over text.

Gen 1: Metapod - Hate the jokes made about it.
(Dishonorable mentions: Spearow, Fearow)

Gen 2: Smeargle - It has a frequent tendency to make pvp battles insufferable and half the time I feel that's what Smeargle only ever exists for.
(Dishonorable mentions: Aipom, Pichu, Igglybuff, Sunkern, Sunflora)

Gen 3: Castform - I don't like the base form's design and its gimmick was not executed very well.
(Dishonorable mentions: Azurill)

Gen 4: Kricketot - It sucks to face in Pokemon Rumble World and it sucks to have in Pokemon Rumble World. They really went all out to make this Pokemon unlikable in that game. It is also very weak in general. I would have probably chosen this Pokemon regardless because I don't have any real issues with any other Gen 4 Pokemon.
(Dishonorable mentions: None)

Gen 5: Tynamo - Its design is disgusting.
(Dishonorable mentions: None)

Gen 6: Scatterbug - I had to choose something. If that something's just a simple pre-evolved bug with some of the lowest stats and most insignificant movepools in the series, I think this explains how I feel about the Kalos Pokedex overall.
(Dishonorable mentions: None. I don't even consider Scatterbug as one)

Gen 7: Marshadow....
(Dishonorable mentions: Incineroar, Vikavolt, Shiinotic)

Gen 8: Eternatus....
(Dishonorable mentions: Regieleki, Regidrago, Enamorus, most Gen 8 legendaries after Eternatus on the Pokedex)

Gen 9: Koriadon and Miraidon....
(Dishonorable mentions: Roaring Moon, Slither Wing, Iron Boulder, Garganacl, Tinkaton, a lot of the Gen 9 Pokemon tbh... I have much more major issues with the direction Gamefreak took with many of the Gen 9 designs and/or concepts than I do with their Pokemon from any generation prior.)

Edit: I forgot I posted here a month ago

Last edited:
Gen 1: Jynx

Gen 2: Sunflora

Gen 3: Ludicolo

Gen 4: Tie between FUCKIN AMBIPOM and FUCKIN LOPUNNY

Gen 5: All of the Elemental Monkeys. Die.

Gen 6: Diggersby (This one was actually hard because I don't really dislike any of the Gen 6 Pokémon that much)

Gen 7: Tie between Incineroar (I will never forgive them for turning a cute kitty into that), Buzzwole, and Blacephalon

Gen 8: Tie between Boltund and Enamorus

Gen 9: Gholdengo (CHEESE MASCOT LOOKING ASS)

Gen I: hypno
Gen II: i don't actually actively dislike any gen II pokemon but i don't really care for steelix all that much
Gen III: silcoon/cascoon
Gen IV: carnivine
Gen V: the entire pidove evolutionary line
Gen VI: chesnaught
Gen VII: guzzlord
Gen VIII: greedent
Gen IX: spidops

Gen I: Horsea, I always forget this Pokémon exists
Gen II: Smoochum, I like the rest of gen 2 just not smoochum
Gen III: corphish
Gen IV: Phione
Gen V: Simisear