• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ051: Thorny Nyarote!? The Mysterious Flower Pillar

Seems to reference the Dex. I don’t see any spike-related moves in its learnset.

It can learn Spikes/Toxic Spikes by TM.

However, we also know the anime kinda takes liberties in how a move looks compared to the games, since in the anime, the moves often look different/flashier than in the games, so maybe it learns Grass Knot.

It can learn Spikes/Toxic Spikes by TM.
That's a good idea, in the latest battle it seemed like the writers were struggling with giving a use to its yoyo and Spikes in particular could solve that problem. Another option could be Seed Bomb.

I hope we get a new move here. Liko's battling style amounting to yelling for Magical Leaf over and over, with a "big big Magical Leaf" here and there is getting incredibly stale; the Sprigatito line has a diverse movepool and it's time to lean into that. If Roy and Fuecoco can, so should Liko and Floragato.

I hope we get a new move here. Liko's battling style amounting to yelling for Magical Leaf over and over, with a "big big Magical Leaf" here and there is getting incredibly stale; the Sprigatito line has a diverse movepool and it's time to lean into that. If Roy and Fuecoco can, so should Liko and Floragato.
Agreed.

Agreed. Hell, it’s partly because of Fuecoco’s diverse move pool that Roy was able to win his battle against Brassius as not only did he have moves to counter Sudowoodo but didn’t show off its full arsenal until the very end allowing Roy to get in a surprise with Flame Charge. With Liko, she may have thought of different ways to use Floragato’s leaves but if she ends up on the wrong end of type advantage or they figure a way to counter her leaves, it’s pretty much game over.

Summary and staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Liko, Roy and Dot are observing and gathering information on wild Pokémon in order to find a subject to write a report on. Dot tells Liko about a mysterious phenomenon called the "Flower Pillar" that will reportedly bring happiness to those who see it. Liko decides to search for this Flower Pillar with Nyarote to write a report on it, but... for some reason, Nyarote is currently in a rather bad mood...?!

Screenplay 赤尾でこ (Deko Akao)
Storyboard 毛利和昭 (Kazuaki Mōri)
Episode Director 森山愛弓 (Ayumi Moriyama)
Animation Director 倉員千晶 (Chiaki Kurakazu)
Animation Director 高星佑平 (Yūhei Takaboshi)
Animation Director 中矢利子 (Toshiko Nakaya)

Slight problem is that most of that diverse movepool (Atleast as floragato) can be summarized as "Punch/Slash the opponent" Basically the only exceptions are all grass type (And disarming voice but fuecoco has that one already)

Back
Top Bottom