• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you prefer PC gaming or console gaming?

It’s also on console and it works better on PC
I think the point they're making is that Terrarria launched on PC but didn't come to consoles until years after, so it was developed and designed as a PC game first and not as a multiplatform game designed for both PC and console.

i don't know if it's a thing with my living situation in particular, but i find myself closer and closer towards pc gaming than console gaming. reason i mention the living situation thing is that even though i have my Switch in the living room, it mostly stays there because i'd rather play docked than handheld, and because the living room is occupied like 80% of the time, i don't really have the time or opportunity to play the games that i'd like to the extent that i would like.

so because of this, i just end up gaming on my pc, instead. it's fine by me since it's more convenient and entertaining for me, but i do miss playing my Switch these days.

In terms of what I personally prefer, it's always going to be console gaming.

I'm (notoriously) a Mac user, so it's not like a ton of games come to my PC platform of choice anyway. But of those that do...I always just prefer playing on a controller anyway, so it makes no sense for me not to use the device that is, like, meant for playing video games, if that makes sense? I know you can play with controller on PC, but it just kinda feels awkward.

Though, I have grown to appreciate the accessibility of PC gaming as well as the availability of retro games on Steam; because PC architecture is always going to be pretty standardized, if a game is on PC, it'll likely always be playable in some way if you have the right drivers.

More of a PC gamer these days. FF14 has become basically my favorite game made past 2010. I can hook it up to my TV as well and play with any controller with ease. For games like FF14 that I'd rather not play with a controller, I use my gamepad which has a little analog stick and feels like a great combo of controller and keyboard.

It is weird because when I was younger, I could never get into PC gaming due to my parents refusing to give me computers that could run things or buy me any games for them. So I had to stick to console. PC gaming was weird to me for the longest time until I got into FF14 and now I understand playing with keyboard much more. Also, my husband helping me figure out a lot of the setting up of PC without me having to think helped a lot. He's the one who helped me get a good PC finally, and helps me install anything that I might find tricky or confusing. Which was also what put me off PC gaming for the longest time - as with console, you just stick the game in and it works. [These days though, you stick the game in and wait for five million updates... I do miss those more convenient days.]

Switch is still great for its handheldness though. I like playing older handheld games on my phone though, as I bought this controller for it called the Backbone which basically makes it into a mini Switch. I don't play games specifically made for mobile on it though. Not into those types of games.

Back
Top Bottom