• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Beedrill used Draw!

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
...it's somewhat effective hopefully!

Uhh, not much to say as an intro. I like drawing. I mostly do pencil, but I've been trying to get better at digital coloring.

And now, I will use this silly Fire Emblem: Engage x Pokémon thing I made to try to figure out spoiler tags...

1692573632562.jpeg

(Yes, I know Arceus is technically a Mythical, but I consider that more a subset of Legendaries than a separate category.)

Some concept sketches for new Paradox Pokemon of the future variety. I was just doodling ideas; these definitely aren't "wow" pieces, but I thought they might be fun to share anyway.
1693158077898.jpeg

Iron Puppeteer (a.k.a. Baneuron, from Banette+neuron), a Ghost/Psychic type. The energy that leaked out of Mega Banette is now the actual Pokémon, puppeting a physical shell. Millenia of nurturing abandonment grudges has made this species very malicious. (CW: mental torture) Using their Psychic powers, they can imprint the effects of years of loneliness onto a victim's mind in moments, often driving the victim mad in the process. Only the strongest and most compassionate Trainers can earn the trust of one and teach it to use its abilities for good.
1693158107963.jpeg

Iron Mirage (a.k.a. Siligon, from silicon+Flygon+gone), a Ground/Ghost type. A noble but melancholic creature that roams wastelands in the future. It mostly keeps to itself, but will fly to the rescue if it sees a helpless person in danger. It can whip up glassy sand particles and use them to create tricks of light, baffling opponents. The hum of their blades sounds like a mournful song.
1693158131192.jpeg

Iron Beacon (a.k.a. Amphrenel, from Ampharos+Fresnel (freh-NEL), inventor and namesake of the most famous kind of lighthouse lens), an Electric/Dragon type. Harsh conditions in the future re-awakened the dragon genes last seen in Mega Ampharos. It has a powerful spotlight on the end of its flexible tail, reflective wings, and an ability to broadcast signals from its antennae-horns. These powers make it a valuable partner to future humans in search-and-rescue missions.

Edit: I was informed that the pictures weren't showing up, whoops. I think I've fixed it, but the images might be huge.

Last edited:
I was watching a video about monster and cryptid legends from the United States. The video got to Mothman and mentioned that it's said to appear before disasters, but there's disagreement on whether it causes and/or profits off the disasters somehow, or whether it's trying to warn people. I thought "Hey, that sounds like Absol." So I made a Bug-type Absol lookalike along the lines of Wiglett and co.

1694190937875.jpeg

Errr...I'm not very good at concept-sketching on a tablet, so this is very rough. Generally pleased with the design, though. Trying to make a mammalian Pokémon look like an insectoid creature was interesting. One of Mothman's most notable traits was its large wings, so I used Mega Absol as an excuse to add wings here. It turned out more natural-looking than I expected, I think.

i wish this was a real pokemon :sadsola: really love what u did with the wings, theyre slick and i like how when theyre down, they look just like part of its body, like with beetles n such! especially love its proboscis mouth!!! i think thats my fav part (aside from the mothman inspo :bulbaLove:) great stuff :staryu::staryu:

I mentioned in the Art Gallery chat that I'd been scribbling "character arc angst moments" from a fantasy/sci-fi (fantasci-fi?) thing I've been working on, and @Dreary_Rowlet asked me to show. I'm nervous, but they need to get out in the world sometime, so...here goes nothing.

A little bit about the world so stuff makes some sense...
Weird content warning, but it is kind of the defining trait for this world. Basically, the old medical theory of four humours is true, and the proportion of humours in a person's body gives them elemental powers (Air, Fire, Water, Earth). A person may have a combination of two dominant elements (ex. Fire/Earth) or be an Augment, meaning they have only one dominant element but in a double dose. A person's dominant element(s) are called their essence. People use their dominant hands to "cast", or exercise their powers. Some elemental combinations result in a person being right-handed (a Dextral) and some result in a person being left-handed (a Sinistral). Left-handed vs. right-handed being so important results in a lot of asymmetry for clothes and hairstyles. People also get named based on their powers, so there's gonna be some offbeat character names here.

Worth noting that, while blood is one of the four humours in the original theory, it's replaced by "sanguine" here. This is because blood in this world is a nigh-mythical substance that blends all the humours in perfect balance. The ancient "Dragons" had blood, but they were wiped out in a cataclysmic event long ago, leaving behind only "Humans" with their comparatively mediocre elemental powers (air quotes because the relationship between the two species is more complicated than this, but I've already rambled on too much).

Ok, actual scribbles now:
1695475661173.jpeg

Basically "Ah, yes, so I've just found out I have a split personality and only half of me knew about it." If you've ever seen the trope of a secret identities pretending to want to capture their own vigilante alter-egos, that's basically this guy, except there's no pretending involved. Brisk (right) is a very nice but chronically boring straight-laced police detective. He's rather skilled with the cerebral/empathic aspects of his powers, but literally can't cast to save his life. Brisk (and the entire police force) are after a monster the media has named "Mr. Sharp" (left), a very volatile, very skilled caster who has attitude for days and has been wreaking havoc on criminals (underworld infighting, obviously). But it turns out Sharp is a vigilante, not a crook, Sharp is Brisk, and Brisk is so vanilla because he's HALF a personality. He had a little run-in with the eldritch Big Bad (TM) of this world years ago and got his psyche cracked in half. Sharp basically knew what was going on, Brisk didn't (because, subconsciously, he didn't WANT to), until Sharp is forced into 'fessing up. And hey, if Sharp has to 'fess up, he may as well have fun with it, right? (A friend once described his/their dynamic as Jekyll-Jekyll and Hyde-Jekyll, which is pretty apt.)
1695477627960.jpeg

The base material for Mr. Sharp has been in Brisk's brain since the psyche split, but he didn't become a concrete persona until fairly recently, after Brisk built up a nice subconscious load of "Why can't I DO anything?!" frustration. And I got to thinking...that first transformation had to have been disorienting, right? You wake up, you feel REALLY weird, you have a full set of memories, but you're not reacting to anything the way you remember reacting before, and then you look in the mirror...

1695478368647.jpeg

This is Silence, so named because he can manipulate sound with his Air abilities. But that's not the only thing he can do...you know those stories about people picking up radio waves in metal dental implants? Silence's brain picks up radio waves the same way. Except, in this world, radio is a lost science, so all he hears are the whispers of long-buried ancient nightmare machines. Everyone thinks he's losing his mind, including him. (He does get better!)
1695478789959.jpeg

This is Ignatz, named after the Ancient Language (cough Latin cough) word for Fire. He's a Fire Augment and proud of it! ...Except he's not. He's a Will-o-wisp, which in this world means he only has half an essence. The other half is a void, so Will-o-wisps are constantly "hungry" and have a primal urge to suck essence out of other people (which is usually fatal for the victim). Ignatz was lucky enough to steal a large and exceptionally strong chunk of essence, and went for years in a relatively stable state. But then he burns through it all in a sacrificial attack to disable one of the bad guys' weapons. The villains gloat that his best effort only disabled the weapon, then he gets up looking like this and the villains realize what they're actually up against. Major OH NO moment.

Well, here I am, scribbling OC's again. Did mostly female characters today since my last scribble session was all male.
1696019749470.jpeg

Another detective character, albeit one from a different country (what can I say, I like detective archetypes). She got sent out to investigate some "minor disturbances" and came back with an amnesiac, a guy who thinks he's the rebirth of evil Dragon lord, a wildly unethical mad science project, and possibly a large-scale government conspiracy. This report is gonna take awhile.
1696020082785.jpeg

Fornax (Ancient Language/Latin for "forge") is a blacksmith/tinkerer, so naturally she has a big hammer! For some reason, though, people don't think it's for building things... (what's sort of funny about this in-universe is that she has a descendent who IS a melee brawler.)
1696020494756.jpeg

Illusion is the adoptive sister of Silence from the last OC post, and while Silence has issues with "hearing things", she struggles with "seeing things". Sometimes it's just a flash, sometimes it's a full-on waking nightmare. What she's actually doing is subconsciously picking up element fragments from the environment and extrapolating what threats might occur--it's an instinctive defense mechanism. She doesn't know that, though, so, like Silence, she thinks she's just a bit screwy. She and her brother rely on each other a lot to figure out what is and isn't there in the world around them.

I thought I could explain this next one succinctly, and then LORE DUMP. I hope this is at least moderately interesting...
1696021122591.jpeg

Shroud goes to the town experiencing "minor disturbances" and discovers the "disturbance" is a borderline-paranormal disease outbreak. The townsfolk say the plague is caused by black sludge left behind by a "bird monster" that lives in the nearby sanitarium. The sanitarium is otherwise abandoned, except for one doctor who apparently stayed around out of a sense of duty. He says he's very glad Shroud et al. arrived, that he knows about the monster but is powerless to stop it. The party chases the monster around the castle, but something seems...wrong. It runs away without trying to attack. They start getting a better look at it, and it appears both small and uncomfortably humanoid. They've been talking about how the monster caused the plague, then corner it to find it's scrawled "I'M SORRY" on the wall...

The truth comes out: this isn't a monster. It's a sanitarium patient. His name is Omen and he has Fire/Water essence, which is considered unnatural. The supposedly benevolent doctor has been obsessively trying to "cure" him, but created the plague in the process. Omen is locked inside hazmat equipment to reduce the danger, but sometimes that isn't enough, and his powers erupt outside of his control. To make matters worse, the party finds out Omen has been stuck in the sanitarium for fifty years. the doctor did something to both himself and Omen so that neither of them could leave until his "masterpiece" was complete. Omen is biologically ten but chronologically over sixty, and the 40-something doctor is pushing a century.

Needless to say, after these revelations, the party abruptly acquires a new Chapter Boss (TM) to whoop.

I am back with actual Pokémon-related stuff this time!
1696713484180.jpeg

I saw Bloodmoon Ursaluna and thought "What if its mud spread and just...TOOK people?" That turned out not to be part of the lore at all, but I had to draw it anyway.

Alright, internet, I see your Gardevoir art and raise you the species' actual gender ratio...
1696713759939.jpeg

I mean, the ratio IS 50/50 so a male Gardevoir gijinka should be fair game right...?

Male Gardevoir gijinka is super valid and I love him so much already :bulbaLove: :bulbaLove: Btw the Mud Trainer concept feels like something straight of the Pokémon manga... it likes to get dark and if I remember correctly it's had zombies before (correct me if I'm wrong, I only read the BW one and my manga knowledge is very limited) Really cool!!

Absolutely IN LOVE with your Gardevoir one, it actually unlocked some memories as I used to be mainly a Pokejinka artist, and one of my main Pokejinkas was a male Gardevoir! (I also wanted to defy the norm) So unfathomably based of you fr. I'm glad there are other artists out there like you still making Pokejinkas, I was worried it was becoming a lost topic these days!

Since it's monster season, I thought it would be a good idea to revisit a Fakemon I made based on an urban legend monster...
1697157117299.jpeg

Yes I made a bipedal feline Pokémon but hear me out
This is Sparkour (from "spar", like with blades, "spark", and "parkour"). He's a Mythical Pokémon based on the Victorian urban legend Spring-heeled Jack, a humanoid monster with metallic claws who could jump to impossible heights and breath blue fire. Sparkour is Steel to reference the metallic claws and Ghost to reference Spring-heeled Jack's evasiveness and fear-inducing effect (the fire-breath is represented by Sparkour breathing out fiery bluish Ghost energy). Sparkour is ALSO based on another British urban legend: big cats (the theory that there's a self-sustaining population of large felines in Great Britain, despite the fact that none are known to live there natively). The fact that cats are also good leapers was a nice bonus too. The mask shape is from sabertoothed cats, the stripes are from tigers (and also placed to look like ribs and leg bones), and the marks on the mask are based on cheetah "tear streaks". The boot pattern/armor on the lower legs are based on Spring-heeled Jack's characteristic boots, and I tried to design the ears, fur, and tails so that they sort of looked like Victorian clothes. Sparkour having multiple tails was also a nod to multi-tailed supernatural cats in Japanese folklore.

And, even though I said Sparkour was bipedal, he actually does get down on all fours...
1697157581775.jpeg

I know humanoid Pokémon tend to be sort of controversial, so I really wanted to make Sparkour somewhat animalistic, but also be something you could mistake for a human in a dark alley depending on how he stood. I'm not sure I succeeded, but it was an interesting challenge.

My brain: You should do a nice, quick drawing.
Me: Of what?
My brain: One of your hardest-to-draw OC's in a weird pose.
Me: .... :wynaut:

(Oh, and...content warning for maybe, debatably, technically gore? You can see a character's (mildly graphic description) heart through a gash in his chest, but he's a hologram, so it's just a ball of light and some glitchy tendrils. Nothing actually bloody.)
1699069009545.jpeg

The full lore is a bit much to type here, but basically this is an escape from a corrupted virtual reality network. The kid (Soul) is part of the infrastructure of the Network. He's been trapped and had his abilities used by the Network for a very long time...and the Network isn't about to let him go without a fight.

The hard-to-draw one hologram is Comatose, just one of hundreds of thousands kept in stasis while their consciousnesses roam the virtual reality in holographic bodies. Comatose freely rewrote his virtual identity to be whatever he wanted, until, to his horror, he realized he couldn't remember who he actually was. All he knows for sure now is that he's asleep but can't wake up (hence his name). He's been trying to fight the Network's corruption, and the Network punished him by ceasing to maintain his holographic body (which is why he looks such a mess). It will probably punish him in a worse way now that he's trying to break Soul out...but Comatose is willing to take that risk.

Also: old-ish doodles of Tatsugiri and Dondozo Pokejinkas!
1699099480847.jpeg

Tatsugiri: Heheheh...everything is proceeding exactly according to plan!
Dondozo: (mouth full) Mwa-evah oo say bwoss.

Looking at the "Best-looking Evil Team" and "Favorite and Least Favorite Evil Teams" threads, it seems like Team Galactic is among many people's worst grunt designs. So I tried redesigning the grunt uniforms. Are they actually better? Probably not, but it was fun drawing them. Feedback is welcome on these!
1701545442053.jpeg

I changed the outfits slightly and the hair A LOT (although it would still be teal-colored). But the main difference is they have space helmets now. The male grunt's is inspired by Dialga and the female grunt's is inspired by Palkia. I was trying to make them look a bit cooler, but still retro-futuristic.
(Team Flare also seems to be a frequent offender for grunt designs, so I'll probably take a stab at them later.)

And here's Team Flare!
1701550380738.jpeg

Again, I changed the hair a lot...now it's dark with just red-dyed tips. Since Lysandre is a media mogul, I gave them hats with the Flare logo stuck on the trim, like those old reporter images with a press pass stuck in their hat band. The sunglasses didn't look good with the hat, in my opinion, so I got rid of them. Since Flare's entire admin staff is scientists, I also tried to style the grunts' jackets a bit like lab coats.

Back
Top Bottom