• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Congrats!! Thoughts?
I really liked it! It took me a bit to get used to the controls (and I still hate the camera), but the game itself was very cute and touching. It hit me more emotionally than I realized; I made it through the whole game just fine and then the tears started pouring when I hit the ending lol. Definitely looking forward to the rest of the series!

(Dual Destinies I already played a while ago but it was nice to revisit it minus case 2 as we've established lmao)

Yippee :yay: I really really hope you like them, they are excellent!! (Correct me if I'm wrong but you played Crisis Core, correct? (GOOD if true) I promise it actually makes the main story of FF7 so much more emotional since you like.. know the whole deal with Cloud's identity issues (though Crisis Core is even more emotional if you play FF7 first because knowing what's going to happen to those poor boys and Aerith, and it's so painful) (it's a very very very emotional saga all around. I hate to be that person but if you're reading this and are not familiar with FF7... seriously, I cannot put how badly I recommend these games into words) and whatnot).. so so so so so good. If you haven't played the OG, I hope you enjoy the Aerith, Tifa, and Cloud you get to meet here... as well as the rest of the cast :)
I'm already enjoying Remake quite a bit! Yeah I played the Crisis Core remake earlier this year right after finishing OG FF7 for the first time (I was an emotional wreck for a few weeks straight lol) and I'm definitely glad I played them both before Remake because it's just making everything hit that much harder. I love all these characters so much and seeing them in Remake so full of life while knowing damn well what has happened and what will happen to them makes it so much more impactful than if I had just started with Remake, I think.

As for Spirit of Justice, it's the only main series AA game that I never finished (I did the first case a couple of years ago and then just...kind of stopped) so it's nice to be going into this mostly blind. I can finally do an actual ranking of all the main series games after this!

Most of my time is sunk into FF14. I log into Genshin to do dailies for 15 min but not much else since I'm caught up with most of the content.

I've also been playing Sims 4, which I play on and off throughout the past several years. Same with Stardew Valley, though I'm not playing that now at the moment.

I hope to get back to playing the original FF7. I've never played it until recently despite being one of the more popular video games of all time lol. I've been enjoying it so far, it's just difficult for me to break my routine of FF14, Genshin, and Sims 4 for any other new game.

After weeks of training and level-grinding, it's time to see what waits for my team at the Elite Four in Platinum.

The team:
* Staraptor, Milotic, Luxray, Infernape, Lucario, Umbreon

And while Cynthia's reputation precedes her, I'm in the dark with regards to the rest.

Elite Four 1 - type: Bug
The various type matchups on my side meant NOTHING against Yanmega's opening spam of Double Team and Speed Boost Flinch City -- I lost three Pokemon to that one alone (one being a crit). That being said, I was able to remove the Double Teams with Foresight, and Infernape melted the rest of the team unanswered, even Drapion.

Elite Four 2 - type: Ground
Uh oh. Regardless, Milotic out-tanked Whiscash and swept pretty much everything else, even with Water Pulse over Surf.

Elite Four 3 - type: Fire
Milotic put in a lot of work, but got outsped on a few occasions making this not a sweep, with Staraptor and Infernape needing to clean up what was left.

Elite Four 4 - ??
Thinking Ghost or Dark but it was actually Psychic, but in any case I led with Umbreon first. Not that it mattered -- half his team outsped me (especially Alakazam!) and several items were required to come out on top.

Champion: Cynthia
Lucario set up a Foresight+Swords Dance to take out Spiritomb in one Drain Punch, then one-shot her own Lucario (really, mine outsped hers?), then the infamous Garchomp appears -- which outsped Lucario and obviously Earthquaked it off the field, but not Staraptor. I'm surprised she didn't load up with some Rock coverage? Between Intimidate, Fly, Brave Bird, Roost, and quite a few misses on her part, my bird took it down, with me leading 5-3 in remaining Pokemon.
Fourth, Togekiss. Staraptor didn't go down without one last Brave Bird, and Luxray cleaned it up with a charged Thunder Fang (not that she needed the Charge for damage, just the Sp.Def boost).
Fifth, her Milotic. Luxray outsped it, got a lucky Flinch on it, and two-shot it. Really wasn't expecting this to be a clean KO!
Last, Roserade. Luxray's down, so I had Milotic tank its obvious Grass move to get a Captivate off (plus an off-type move for some damage), leaving me 2-1 in remaining Pokemon. Umbreon gave it a Sucker Punch which turned critical and Roserade didn't even get another turn. For the win!

... Not sure what to say about the win. I actually had more trouble (including some bad luck) with my E4 matchups, but I didn't need any items for Cynthia, nor did she use any of hers.

PS - I had a bit of trouble obtaining the National Pokedex. All you have to do is sight all 210 Pokemon in the regional Pokedex, but I was stuck at 209, with the only missing entry being #152. I was super worried about which Pokemon it might be (given Manaphy is entry #151 -- and I actually have one thanks to a copy of Pokemon Ranger, and Pokemon Pearl back in the day), but it turns out it was . . . just Rotom. The one Pokemon not seen in any NPC parties anywhere, apparently.

Last edited:
While I wait for my Fallout 4 mods to catch up with the new update before starting a new character, I'm playing Far Cry 2 for the first time. It's...meh. Too difficult, even on the lowest difficulty. I might just end up cheating my way through the game because it's unfair. I like exploring the map, though. And the story is intriguing.

Also got back into Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn. Turns out they made the worst mechanic in the original game even worse: the train controls. Now, instead of using the Wii Remote pointer to draw train tracks that don't last nearly long enough or direct Kirby reliably enough, you have to do it using a Circle Pad-controlled pointer, the slowest and jankiest of methods lol. I managed to get gold on my second try, but...I dunno how lol. Otherwise, still adore this game.

Oh! Oh! I got a new indie game on Switch where you play as a kitten and you do kitten things while you try to get back home after falling off a ledge while sleeping(!). Paw at things? Check. Pounce on birbs? Check. Talk to animals? Check. Nuzzle and/or trip humans? Check and/or check. Knock fragile objects off ledges? Hell, check. It's called Little Kitty, Big City, and if you like cats, adventure games, and/or Untitled Goose Game, I highly recommend this one.

Completed grinding up my final team for Pokemon black. Since I was preparing more for N and ghetsis (specifically levels 50-52), we swept through the elite four with relative ease.

FF7 Rebirth is now complete. Overall I thought it was pretty good story-wise, although padded in parts & felt very much like a "typical" open-world RPG, I still had fun throughout. The combat especially was a nice step up from the already elite Remake gameplay.

Hades is also finished - true ending has been done got. Felt kind of like I didn't get enough payoff from it.

Since my last post I've also played through Transistor, which, although unique in its own right, definitely feels like a precursor to Hades more than anything else. If anything playing through it makes me appreciate Hades even more, what with its progression/combat system being sort of a mix between Bastion and Transistor.

Unicorn Overlord is the game that I'm currently focusing on - I'm about 30 hours in now and I feel like I've barely hit anything. The combat system is truly expansive when you sink your teeth into it, and it's fun to devise individual strategies for each encounter, although it can be somewhat tedious sometimes. The story is pretty straightforward but you're not gonna be playing this game for the story. It's also gorgeous to look at.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky has been progressing well; I'm in Chapter 2 now, if that means anything to those who have played the game before. I'm very much enjoying pretty much everything about it.

Okami HD is still being played on/off on stream; I've streamed the game 4 times now and have played for about 10 hours. Just finished up getting all the power orbs for the dog soldiers last stream, and fought that one dude in the shrine place. Looking forward to seeing how things progress further, even though I'm apparently barely like a quarter of the way through the game.

Lastly, I'm still playing through Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance on stream, albeit a bit less frequently, and also Baldur's Gate 3 in multiplayer, though that's even less frequent since my party has been on vacation a lot recently.

pokemon colosseum randomizer - started this a couple days back, and i'm nearing towards the end of the game, already! to be fair though, colosseum isn't particularly a long game at all. i think i'm just going to purify some pokemon, start filling out my team slots a bit more before i progress further because i have a feeling the last couple of battles are going to be rough.

it's likely that after this i'll attempt to do a randomizer run of pokemon XD: gale of darkness as well.

pokemon colosseum randomizer - started this a couple days back, and i'm nearing towards the end of the game, already! to be fair though, colosseum isn't particularly a long game at all. i think i'm just going to purify some pokemon, start filling out my team slots a bit more before i progress further because i have a feeling the last couple of battles are going to be rough.

it's likely that after this i'll attempt to do a randomizer run of pokemon XD: gale of darkness as well.
Again-you've got some great taste! (y) Colosseum and XD are some of my most favorite Pokemon games, and in fact Colosseum was my first ever! Such fond memories........:bulbaCute:

A randomized run of them sounds pretty fun! What kind of Pokemon did you get for Colosseum?

Pokemon black: I beat it with a final team of Hachi the stoutland, RikuTazumi the Seismetoad, Ohime-sama the serpirior, Kuina the archeops, SandPlanet the Krookadile, and Tosenbo the sygilyph, with big help in the final battles from Shiinamota the reshiram
Splatoon 3 Side order: I actually should've brought this up about a month ago, but I have finally maxed out every chip. 1000%ing the mode
Pokemon White 2: Made it past the first 3 gyms and am preparing for the 4th. Current team is LamazeP the azumarill, Neru the Lucario, Abnormality the pignite, Tanaka the trapinch, Kokoro the flaffy, and Nostalgica the Magnemite

A randomized run of them sounds pretty fun! What kind of Pokemon did you get for Colosseum?
latias and mew were my starters! which is good, because almost every other option in this playthrough... sucked. @_@

my team is latias/mew/nidoking/latios, and i think i may end up just... beating the game with those four, tbh.

Right now I'm playing through Baldurs Bate 3 with my Tiefling fighter Khanasa, and Pokemon Red with the team of venusaur, nidoking, jolteon, starmie, snorlax and articuno. I also just finished a play through of the original Final Fantasy.

latias and mew were my starters! which is good, because almost every other option in this playthrough... sucked. @_@

my team is latias/mew/nidoking/latios, and i think i may end up just... beating the game with those four, tbh.
My God! You got Latias and Mew as your starters?!? :lapras: Damn! And then you later got Latios too?! Hoo boy!

Back
Top Bottom