• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Wrote eight more Pokemon Teams for Battle From the Heart. This time for the Hoenn Gym Leaders. I took a few creative liberties with their teams while largely retaining their general sets. For example, Wattson has Manectric on his team as his ace instead of just Magnemite/Voltorb/Magneton, and uses a Volt Switch strategy. Another example is using Norman's anime team but with Linoone from his Emerald team slotted in. And Flannery uses her anime team (Slugma/Magcargo/Torkoal) plus Numel and runs a Sunny Day strategy. I also opted to use Tate's and Liza's Emerald teams to make them more challenging and give them better synergy with moves like Tailwind. I also tried to include their signature TMs as much as possible in their teams (or HM in Wallace's case, though in this series HMs are treated just like regular TMs and are labeled as such). Took a bit but I got it done.

After 3 drafts of a scene I finally found one version that I'm comfortable with. I've now been able to write a scene that gives information to the team for their upcoming battles. I've gotta say, that scene was fun (it's not the 3 draft one). I always wanted to write a bar scene where information is obtained from the bartender. Feels very old-school cinematic even if this one doesn't take place in a shady district's bad guy bar. Hmm, there's an idea for another future bar scene :sneaky:.

Wrote two more Pokemon Teams for Battle From the Heart. This time for Lillie (Alola) and Faba (Alola). Lillie becomes a main character during the Alola arcs and is something of a composite character between her different versions of her character (namely, her game and anime versions), and she's (currently) the only non-villainous team member, and the only main character, who doesn't have a full team (only possessing three Mons, and none are fully evolved) due to inexperience (at least not yet, I'm not sure if I'll expand her team and/or evolve her Mons, since part of her character development is learning to become more assertive, confident, and independent). Faba, on the other hand, has a full team because he acts as the main antagonist for the Alola arcs, also being a composite character of his different versions (this time his game and Adventures versions). In his team I swapped out A-Raichu and gave him both Slowking and Malamar (which, in a sense, acts as the "evil" counterpart and foil to Courtney's Malamar back in Kalos, where hers is friendly and noble, if a bit of a harmless prankster, while his is malicious and relishes causing mayhem and misery).

Wrote another Pokemon Team for Battle From the Heart. This time Lusamine (Alola). Like Lillie and Faba she's something of a composite character of her different portrayals (specifically, her USUM and anime versions, though leans more toward the latter). Likewise, her team is also a combination of her game and anime teams: possessing Clefable, Beware, Lilligant, and Milotic from the games and Absol and Salazzle from the anime, with Clefable being her main Mon. Unlike the games she's not an antagonist in this series (since Faba now takes up that role), acting more like an ally, and has a better, if still strained, relationship with Lillie and Gladion (considering she gifts Lillie her first Mon, albeit as an egg, shows she does care about her kids), though she does possess her game version's obsession with UBs and Ultra Wormholes, albeit for different reasons.

Somehow forgot to post both Monday and Wednesday but I might be slowly getting back into the swing of working and writing. I've started doing some very rough chapter by chapter summaries. I'm still nowhere near ready to actually writing this story, but I wanted to write some ideas down on what I would want to take place in the novella. I might rewrite these later once I have a better idea of who these characters are.

Back
Top Bottom