• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon 25: The Blue EP available now, featuring remixes by ZHU of songs from The Red EP - Pokémon X ZHU merchandise collaboration also announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Staff
Pokemon_25_Blue_EP.png
Following the release of Pokémon 25: The Red EP earlier this month, the P25 Music Project has now launched Pokémon 25: The Blue EP, featuring remixes by ZHU of the songs by Vince Staples, Cyn and Mabel. You can listen to the EP at https://pokemon25.lnk.to/BlueEPPR. ZHU's remixes will also be included in digital editions of the P25 Music compilation album later this year, so those intending to buy the physical version as a collectors piece will need to make sure they pick up The Blue EP as well if they want to have a copy of all the songs. The Red EP continues to be available at https://pokemon25.lnk.to/RedEPPR.
Colin Palmer - VP of Marketing - The Pokémon Company International said:
“ZHU’s remixes for Pokémon 25: The Blue EP are a special component of the P25 Music program. His alternate versions of The Red EP songs allow music fans to celebrate a part of Pokémon history while enjoying something completely new and different. Pokémon fans will especially enjoy sound effects from classic Pokémon video games in some of his tracks. ZHU’s mastery of the remix and unique sound, paired with the fantastic original songs, continue to build out the breadth of amazing global artists who have come together to help us celebrate 25 years of Pokémon.”
ZHU_x_Pokemon_P25_Music_Press_Photo.png
Alongside this release, The Pokémon Company have also announced a new merchandise collaboration with ZHU, which will blend his personal fashion aesthetic with themes and characters from Pokémon. While no specifics have yet been released on this merchandise capsule, you can sign up for updates on the project at https://p25musicstore.com/. We'll of course also keep you updated on any announcements here as well.
ZHU said:
“I had a great time designing a collection for my merch collaboration with Pokémon. As a lifelong fan of Pokémon, I wanted to bring back a flash of the 90s into today’s fashion. Of course, I had to incorporate my favorite Pokémon Gengar. I can’t wait for my fans to see this unique line and I’m excited for them to hear my new mixes too."

Pokémon 25: The Blue EP Tracklist
1. Mabel – Take It Home (ZHU Remix)
2. Cyn – Wonderful (ZHU Remix)
3. Vince Staples – Got ‘Em (ZHU Remix) Ft. Trombone Shorty

ZHU - Artist Biography:
ZHU is ready to move again. Most of his third album, DREAMLAND 2021, was made at home during quarantine, but as the GRAMMY-nominated musician and producer crafted the new set’s grimy techno and sweaty house tracks, he imagined the record as the score to a world starting to spin back into motion. He celebrated its release with an unprecedented sold-out, six-night run at Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison, CO. ZHU was honored with a Best Dance Recording nomination at the 2014 GRAMMYs for his breakout hit “Faded.” His debut album GENERATIONWHY topped Billboard's Dance/Electronic albums chart and landed on the Billboard 200, and he’s had dozens of tracks hit the Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart. These accolades have earned him partnerships with like-minded brands including Luminosity and Leica. He continued his productive streak in 2020 with a series of singles—including “Only” with Tinashe, “Desire” with Bob Moses, and the Kito and Jeremih collab “Follow”—and a string of live-streams for Digital Mirage, Insomniac, and Lollapalooza. But all of this success has never been the point—ZHU just wanted to head to the dancefloor and dream up better worlds. DREAMLAND 2021 basks in that impulse. He imagines everyone united under one roof raving—a party with enough energy to take over the whole world.

Archaic

Archaic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Search Bulbapedia

Back
Top Bottom